Mass Exodus- One Love, 2 Vans

Welcome to our team blog for the Cape Relay!!!

Our relay team, Mass Exodus, is going to have the time & adventure of our lives during this 200+ mile/24 hour race on May 1-2, 2010!

This is the first annual Cape Relay- and we're out to make it something special. Follow us on this blog, and soon Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as well, as we catalog our path to PTown and the post party!

One Love, 2 Vans!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Hope It Doesn't Take Us This Long!!!


Posted in Oddities by Greg Ross on May 8th, 2009
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Shisou_Kanaguri.jpg
Shizo Kanakuri disappeared while running the marathon in the 1912 Summer Olympics in Stockholm. He was listed as a missing person in Sweden for 50 years — until a journalist found him living quietly in southern Japan.
Overcome with heat during the race, he had stopped at a garden party to drink orange juice, stayed for an hour, then took a train to a hotel and sailed home the next day, too ashamed to tell anyone he was leaving.
There’s a happy ending: In 1966 Kanakuri accepted an invitation to return to Stockholm and complete his run. His final time was 54 years, 8 months, 6 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes and 20.3 seconds — surely a record that will last forever.

Now thats a long race.  HOWEVER, that being said- I am really slow when it comes to distance running.  I mean like... we have to run 200 miles, and it took me 2 hours to run 200 yds.   AND I'm pretty sure I can beat Brendan and Mike in a race... if it was a three-legged race and my partner was Big Brown.  So I'm not saying its a sure thing, but I think we've got a shot at this record.  You hear me Shizo?  I'm coming for you and your record Kanakuri!  Come to think of it, some OJ would taste nice and I hear southern Japan is nice this time of year...    Dad, will the sailboat be up here by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment